Monday, August 26, 2013
Participants and Shenanigans Wanted for This Friday’s Community Clunker Criterion
If you don't have Labor Day Weekend fully booked, then consider spending part of it at the inaugural Grand Junction Off-Road. Details for all events are at the Epic Ride website: http://epicrides.com/
This event will provide Grand Junction with a great economic boost; it will place our community and trails in a positive light with the media, locally and nationally; and will otherwise be a fun final weekend of the summer season.
Clunker Criterion - Registration + Helmet Required
Registration is free but required of all who plan to enjoy this whimsy opener to the Pro Criterion. Located in the DT SWISS event hub on Main Street near 4th between Noon-5:45pm on Friday, 8/30 we encourage all to decorate their bike and body as they deem appropriate. Participants will get a paper number plate to write a number, slogan or if artistically gifted, a mural on. Creativity is highly encouraged and may even be rewarded. Come out and goof off on the bike while the downtown streets are closed!
Friday, August 30
6:00p - Clunker Crit - 2 laps + tons of entertainment
6:15p - Women's Pro Race - 20 minutes + 3 laps
6:50p - Men's Pro Race - 20 minutes + 3 laps
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Are you available to enjoy FREE PIZZA and help stuff Goodie Bags for the GJ Off-Road on Thursday, August 22 from 6-8pm?
The Grand Junction Off-Road endurance mountain bike event, festival and concert is coming this Labor Day weekend! This inaugural event really has the potential to shift our community in a positive direction, but it needs your help and the help of other volunteers to pull it off.
There is a spectrum of opportunities to help during the Off-Road Event, Festival and Concert!
Friday, August 30
- Set-Up Expo, Start/Finish Line and Stage; 6am-12p on Main Street
- Pro Packet Pickup; 10am-2pm at Two Rivers Convention Center
- Amateur Rider Packet Pick-Up; 12-9pm on Main Street
- Criterion set-up at 4pm (Clunker Crit starts at 6pm and Pro Crit is at 6:15pm) downtown
Saturday, August 31
- Start/Finish Line; hand out wine glasses to amateur finishers and wrangle riders
- Concert; 10am-8pm free for the community!
- Course Marshal & Aid Station out along Little Park Road and the course
Sunday, September 1
- Start/Finish Line; hand out wine glasses to the pro finishers
- Kids Ride; registration, course marking, chaperoning, and Popsicle distribution
Sign up online at: http://grandjunctionoffroadvolunteers.com/